Having problems installing Windows 10 to Parallels 12 on Mac Sierra

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by ChrisD11, Feb 16, 2017.

1. ChrisD11

ChrisD11 Bit poster

Hi there,

Just downloaded Windows 10 (Home) Single language edition. I have read an earlier thread of another user doing this. Like him, I have done this by mistake.

Completely different experience when I contacted Microsoft however. I found them very helpful. The guy directed me to www.microsoft.com/software-download/home, here I could re-install the software in whichever language I chose. I chose English and re-downloaded. However when I went to set this up (as I have read in a previous read regarding download issues), I found that the ISO file still wouldn't download properly in Parellels.

Do you have any suggestions as to what might be going wrong?

Thanks in advance,

- C

2. Hi, as I understand you cannot install Windows VM in Parallels Desktop. Right?
    Did you get any error during the installation?

3. Also just for test you can check this KB article.
    Please let us know if it's not that case and provide us with the screenshot of the installation process if possible.

4. ChrisD11

ChrisD11 Bit poster

Just thought I would post the reply here. Following this, I went to the Parallels help website and joined the LiveChat. The gent at Parallels was understanding of my ignorance, and kindly did a screen share with me. Fixed the problem straight away and it was all sorted within minutes. Very helpful indeed and I would highly recommend doing that if you run into any issues. 10/10

5. Swati@Parallels

Swati@Parallels

Thank you so much for sharing your compliment, Chris. Please feel free to reach us out if you have any questions in future.