Help Annoying Microphone When running Windows 10 on Parallel

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by ArmandoT, Sep 2, 2015.

1. ArmandoT

ArmandoT Bit poster

Hey,

I am having a weird issue that when running parallels on windows there is a microphone icon on my screen with dictation. It also disrupts the background audio for my OS X when tabbed into the windows screen.

After searching everywhere I have not been able to find the source of this setting please help.

Attached Files:

2. StephenR1

StephenR1 Bit poster

I m having the same problem, using Parallels 11, Windows 7 Enterprise, and OS X El Capitan. To give further info, the Speech and Dictation app is turned off and the icon does not appear in any mac window. But it shows up in every VM Windows 7 window. And more odd, when viewing the icon in Windows, if I double tap the fn button, the microphone goes either all white or all black (mute??). I did not have this problem with Parallels 10 and Yosemite. It appears to be a Parallels 11 problem. I hope it gets fixed.

3. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi All, be sure that "Enable spoken commands" option is checked in Parallels Desktop Preferences. Please refer to this article to fix the issue.

4. GregoryG

GregoryG Bit poster

I have the same problem. The Enable spoken commands option is already checked. Any other suggestions?

5. StephenR1

StephenR1 Bit poster

I don't understand the Paulchris@Parallels comment at all. It doesn't address the original or my first comment above. That said, a followup to my original post above, I seem to have fixed the problem by reinstalling Parallel Tools. The microphone icon no longer appears on my VM windows.

6. GregoryG

GregoryG Bit poster

I had the problem when I first upgraded (don't recall if it was the upgrade to Parallels 11 or Windows 10). After a few days it stopped appearing. Unfortunately I don't recall what I did to make it disappear or if it just happened. Then I reinstalled Parallels Tools to solve another issue and the microphone icon appeared again.

7. StephenR1

StephenR1 Bit poster

You mentioned in your previous post that you have checked the box for "Enable spoken commands". If that is correct, then the microphone icon will show up in a Parallels windows. If you uncheck it, it is supposed to disappear. Getting i to go away (disappear) was my goal and Armando's goal above.

8. GregoryG

GregoryG Bit poster

Thanks. I unchecked that box and it disappeared after I restarted my computer.

9. ParallelsUser123456

ParallelsUser123456 Bit poster

Hi where is this option in Parallels 15???
    I even uninstalled Parallels as described here: https://kb.parallels.com/en/124255 and I still have this really annoying Mic Icon!?

Btw: Does anyone have a hint why my macOS is sooo slow even when Parallels is not running? Must be caused by parallels because it only occurs when installed...