HELP: error does not recognize OS, how to recover data

IsabellaC

Junior Member
Hello,
this morning unfortunately after rebooting my mac that was stacked, Parallels desktop tells me that: there is no operating system installed!

I had a Windows Vista (installed using PD switch to Mac edition) installed. Now I need to recover data present on the virtual hard disks.

Furthermore I do not have specific OS disks to install a new Windows Vista OS, since I migrated the whole of my previous laptop hd with all files. I do not have that anymore. And I do not have backups of the VM.

Is it possibile to access to the virtual hd data?
Please help I have month of work there.
Thanks in advance for tips and help.
Isabella
 
I have been using Parallels for a long time and worked well.
I attach the last screen before error

parallelserror.jpg


Hope you can help!
Isabella
 
Thanks for rapid feedback.
I posted the report (unfortunately twice because I could not find the report number after closing the window).
I have to add that I tried to copy the vista hhd so now there are two failing virtual machines, that are actually one the copy of the other. both not working.

Report number: 13017559

Thanks for all you can do...
Isabella
 
I tried to create a new Virtual Machine with Lubuntu (new hhd) (because I meant to mount also the virtual one that was associated to the not detected Vista previous virtual machine).

I get the exact same error, even though the hhd was set as new, not existing one.

No operating system installed.

Problem report (on the Lubuntu virtual machine): 13048047

please help...
 
Isabella,

Don't use disk recovery tools on your VM yet. Support engineer will contact you soon.
 
Last edited:
No I did not. But I noticed that the size of the virtual machine .hhd is really small for Vista (about 890 mb)...I think it is a very bad sign.
Thanks,
Isabella
 
Did you have any luck with recovery?

Just wondering if you had any luck recovering - I have just had the exact same problem!!! And I really need my data too!!! Thanks!
 
Back
Top