Help getting windows 7 onto our VLAN

JRASupport

Bit poster
I have Parallels running on 10.8 Mountain Lion, and I have a windows 7 fully up to date OS running. My problem is Parallels always assigns windows with a 10.211.55.xxx when using the shared network, and 10.37.129.xxx address on Host only (whatever that means).

My Mac is on a specific VLAN, and I need windows to be on that VLAN also, but even if I change the default IP address settings for Parallels so that it gives out the IP I need, It still doesn't actually put it on the same VLAN that my mac is on, thus I cannot access the same computers from it. Parallels seems to create its own VLAN which doesn't really give me what I need...

Is there a way to do this with parallels? I hope so...

Thank you,
Mike
 
Follow up

As a follow up, I also am running the latest version of Parallels 7, totally up to date.

Thank you for the help, I really hope I can figure this out!
-Mike
 
Back
Top