Help Help Help, its not working!

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Ian4, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Ian4

Ian4 Junior Member

Thanks for the photo advice, so ive check this all out again this morning and someone from parallels has posted a reply saying.

that parallels does not support the new core 2 duo chip at the moment and they are in the process of fixing it and to check back in a few days.

oh well i guess there is nothing else we can do, anyone have any ideawhere i need to look to find these patches or updates nothing on this site hits me as to where to find them.

also im not running 1884 im running 1848.2 ive clicked to update it and its saying there are no updates available, i cant find anywhere on the site that has updates, any ideas?

Last edited: Sep 15, 2006
  2. Ian4

Ian4 Junior Member

This is my system.

IMAC 20/2.16/SD CTO

Processor 0656776 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Graphics Memory 0656798 256MB VRAM
    Memory 0656637 2GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM 2x1GB
    Hard Drive 0656638 500GB Serial ATA Drive
    Optical Drive 0656529 SuperDrive 8X (DVDRDL/CDRW)

3. kgregc

kgregc Member

Ian,

1848 will not work with the "2" chips....but 1884 will. I had the same problems running 1848 and when I downloaded the latest available, RC 1884..it works. I am running a 2.0Ghz Core 2 duo iMac too.

Download the RC1884, and set it up... it will work! Let me know when you do and the results.

Greg

4. Ian4

Ian4 Junior Member

where can i get that from?

5. kgregc

kgregc Member

6. Ian4

Ian4 Junior Member

You were right it seems to be working ill let you know if ive managed to sort it out.

Thanks for your help.

Ian

7. kgregc

kgregc Member

Great!!!!!

congrats, Ian. Don't forget to install and update all the Anti-XXX stuff you need when running Windows... AVG Anti-virus, SpyBot, AdAware...etc.

Have fun, and let us know how it works for you.

Greg

8. Ian4

Ian4 Junior Member

Greg your a genius it now work perfectly it was the software, what other stuff should i install, like spyware etc.s

Thanks for all your help i couldnt have done it without your input !!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. kgregc

kgregc Member

Ian,

Whoa...I'm just a newbie too! I just tried my install, read the forums, extracted what was relevant especially for the iMac, and finally got it to work. I'm just glad you got yours up and running too.

With all Windows installs, you have to have all the anti-xxx stuff, and keep running and updating it. Pain in the rear, but that's what you have to do. I use AVG anti-virus, AdAware, SpyBot as a minimum, with other stuff as I learn from trusted sources.

You might find some glitch somewhere as you use Parallels/Win more, just don't worry. Report it and Parallels will fix it, I'm sure. I got an XP Home book, the Missing Manual series, to learn XP. I doubt I'll soon move to Vista... if it ever comes out!

Enjoy, and share when you can.

Greg