Help installing Parallels 4.0

MariaS

Bit poster
I don't know a lot about computer, so excuse me if the question is out of place. But I recently purchased Parallel 4.0 for my Mac OS X 10.4.11. I installed it the proper way, I think. But when it comes to installing my Windows XP cd disk, I get a "setup could not read the cd you inserted." What should I do? I have an authentic windows xp cd already in, yet the parallel setup is telling me otherwise. Please help!
 
Hello,

Could you please send us the screen shot of the error message you receive. You can take a picture of your screen with the Command + Shift + 3 key combination, a picture will appear on your Mac's desktop.
 
ok I'm getting this on my screen, hope you can see. I have no idea what to do next.

Snapshot2009-10-0617-53-26.jpg


Hello,

Could you please send us the screen shot of the error message you receive. You can take a picture of your screen with the Command + Shift + 3 key combination, a picture will appear on your Mac's desktop.
 
Hello,

It seems that you are using an upgrade cd to install Windows. You can install Windows Operating system successfully on Parallels Desktop using a Full version Windows CD.
 
Back
Top