HELP! lights on but no one is home!

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by RyanB5, Jan 14, 2018.

1. RyanB5

RyanB5 Bit poster

I just upgraded to version 13 of parallels and it is acting weird.
    I can select some things like opening up file explorer, and the mouse pointer moves around but I can't select files, open programs or open anything useful.
    Yesterday I couldn't open Quickbooks in the Control Centre, but when I opened the file Explorer window I could select and double click on the latest Quickbooks file and double click and it opened the file in Quickbooks and all was good (so I did half a days work that I didn't back up...) now that doesn't work and I can't open any programs through the Control Centre.
    I only use this for Quickbooks and I have a limited amount of time to get my company books up-to date and now this isn't working, It was working fine until I updated to version 13 of parallels.

I have re-started parallels/windows a few times and Also rebooted the computer.
    I appreciated any help you can offer!

Parallels version 13.2.0, Windows 10
    Mac OS 10.11.6 (High sierra)
    MacBook Pro

2. RyanB5

RyanB5 Bit poster

Ok, this seems to have resolved itself.
    I left it and came back later and Windows was asking me to sign in again. I don't think it asked for that when I started it or re-started it. When I signed in/logged in then everything seemed to work as normal and I could get at the File Explorer and open the application.
    -- Unfortunately I had moved on and re did the work that I had done yesterday on my old slow PC laptop that I used to use!!

3. kat

kat Product Expert