Help needed: Running system 10.9.5 and wanting to install Parallels + Windows 10

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by AbbyH, Jan 16, 2017.

1. AbbyH

AbbyH Bit poster

I am running system 10.9.5 on my Mac Pro and I'm looking to install Parallels with Windows 10. So I have some question which I would be most grateful if someone can point me in the right direction:
    1. Which version of Parallels can I run? From research the latest version that I can use on 10.9.5 will be Parallels 11. However, I cannot seem to find a way to purchase this. It seems that I am just pushed into Parallels 12 - and I do not want to upgrade my Mac OS as everything I need is running smoothly!
    2. Is it possible to buy the Parallels 12 license but install version 11 instead?
    Many thanks
    Abby

2. Guna@Parallels

Guna@Parallels Parallels Support

Dear @AbbyH
    Yes, Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac is compatible with Mac OS X 10.9.5. Our online store always offers the latest version of Parallels Desktop for Mac. To obtain Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac, please contact our online reseller like Amazon, Best Buy to find out if they still offer it.
    Unfortunately, it isn't possible to activate Parallels Desktop 11 with Parallels Desktop 12 activation key.