With the latest Parallels 5: Migrated a working Vista Home Basic from a PC to a new iMac i7 (10.6.2) using Transporter and a new copy of Parallels 5 (latest downloaded update). Cannot get a network connection. Have tried most of what has been suggested in other threads with no luck, although the "reset ip" command suggested did not work in Vista (error said something about needing to be elevated).
I have tried repairing permissions, re-setting the Parallels/prefs/network to the default. Reinstalled newest downloaded version of Parallels 5. Tried reinstalling Tools several times. Nothing works. If I try Connect to A Network, it says "Windows cannot find any Networks." If I try to add a network connection (Connect to the Internet), it says "Windows did not detect any networking hardware." In Devices, the Parallels ethernet driver shows, but does not work for some reason.
Not sure what to try next. Very frustrating. Filed a Problem Report #1206952.
Additionally, I do not have either Crystal or Coherence available (both greyed out). Not sure what is up there either.
Hopefully I can get this remedied and get rid of the PC box.
I have tried repairing permissions, re-setting the Parallels/prefs/network to the default. Reinstalled newest downloaded version of Parallels 5. Tried reinstalling Tools several times. Nothing works. If I try Connect to A Network, it says "Windows cannot find any Networks." If I try to add a network connection (Connect to the Internet), it says "Windows did not detect any networking hardware." In Devices, the Parallels ethernet driver shows, but does not work for some reason.
Not sure what to try next. Very frustrating. Filed a Problem Report #1206952.
Additionally, I do not have either Crystal or Coherence available (both greyed out). Not sure what is up there either.
Hopefully I can get this remedied and get rid of the PC box.