Help with 98 installationg and CD asap please

Discussion in 'Windows Guest OS Discussion' started by CrimsonStrider, Jun 21, 2007.

1. CrimsonStrider

CrimsonStrider Junior Member

Ok so I spent most of the night being frustrated because my 98 wasn't installing. Somehow I got the setup to work once last night, and went through the process but at the end I was discouraged because it was asking me for my window 98 cd in order to install a .DLL but my CD stopped working/being read at this point.

I skipped through it with many cancel/s and skips and eventually got to my desktop, but there was no CD ROM device that I could use on windows 98.

I spent another 1-2 hours trying to figure out what to do, and nothing worked s I just deleted it. I tried starting it again and didnt get it to setup for another 2 hours or so before getting the setup to start and then passing out. I woke up and it was finished and waiting for me to put my activation key, but I'm at the part where it asks me for my cd key to copy a ffile dhcpsvc.dll

So my question is, how do I get it read my CD that's in my drive and how do I get my cd-rom to work on windows 98? And how do I get Windows 98 to read CD's once everything is set up, because the reason why I'm installing Windows 98 is because I found out I had a windows XP disc instead of a full one, and thought it would be easier to install 98 then upgrade it.

And also my trial is almost over, so the faster you can help the better.

2. jbh001

jbh001 Member

Have you tied switching the IDE settings for your CD-ROM from 0:1 to 1:0?

This is detailed here.