Help with Sharing - Parallels 15 and Windows 10 v1903

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Beermati, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Beermati

Beermati Member

I had updated to Parallels 15 last week and after installing the W10 1903 update, the sharing features are not working correctly. I have set MAc to share home folder only, which was working correctly. Now, for example, in W10 Explorer, if I open the "Documents" folder, I see all of the Mac folders under "Documents", also.

2. Beermati

Beermati Member

Ok- so the specific issue is that the Mac 'home' folder items are showing in Windows Explorer, when they were NOT showing previously.

If I change the selection in Paralells configuration (Sharing/Share Mac/Share Folders) to "None", I get a network error.

3. IvanD@Parallels

IvanD@Parallels Staff Member

Hello Beemati,
    According to your description you want to separate Documents folder between Mac and Windows. It's a functionality of Shared Profile feature.
    If it's the case, you need to disable Documents folder in virtual machine configuration > Options > Sharing > click on Configure button under Shared Profile section.
    By changing Sharing from Mac to Windows you're changing folders (home folder, the whole Mac disk including connected/mounted devices) available as Network Locations while browsing This PC in Windows.