Help with upgrading

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by SalinaEd, May 23, 2016.

1. SalinaEd

SalinaEd Junior Member

2009 iMac
    OS X 10.8.5
    Parallels 7
    Windows 7 Home
    This is my work computer and I have to have changes done by an IT person. Twice he has attempted to upgrade the Windows program to Windows Pro and when done we couldn't find the programs or files in the Parallels section. Now i have money to upgrade the Parallels but still have stay with Windows 7 Pro. Could I get the best way to upgrade to El Capitan, Windows 7 Pro, and the best Parallels to go with all this? I need step by step sequential instructions so that the I can communicate clearly to the IT person.

2. Hi @SalinaEd you can firstly upgrade your Mac OS, then Parallels Desktop (version 11 has full compatibility with El Capitan) and then upgrade Windows to Win.pro.
    Please give us more details about step-by step instructions. What you would like to know about upgrade.

3. SalinaEd

SalinaEd Junior Member

It sounds simple enough. I will try. I believe the IT guy tried upgrading the Windows first. Does the order really matter? I will try El Capitan first, then Parallels 11 and then Windows 7 Pro just to be safe.

4. SalinaEd

SalinaEd Junior Member

By the way, I am a teacher and I won't be able to implement this until the building is open in August. So you will have to wait a while to see whats happens but I will try. :)

5. Sasti@Parallels

Sasti@Parallels Parallels Support

Sounds great. Feel free to get back to us any time.