Hey Parallels... moderating posts is BAD FORM!

Discussion in 'Parallels Website and Forum' started by radvas, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Ronan@

Ronan@ Bit poster

It looks like moderation has been switched off. I would like to thank Parallels for this action as it makes the forum a much more valuable resource.

2. danliker

danliker Bit poster

this is not true, the forum is still moderated and some posts are still deleted ...

TV4Fun likes this.
  3. Ronan@

Ronan@ Bit poster

That's strange. My posts are appearing immediately it seems if you login with your paralells account email the user account is different.

4. anokhis

anokhis Bit poster

I just posted about a problem, and solved it in the meantime. I want to go and add information about the solution I found, but, guess what! My post isn't even live yet. Chances are I'll drift away and never amend it, which is kind of sad.

5. judger48193

judger48193 Member

Your support site is limited to 30 days. What if a user is trying to do some essential changes after this period and your documentation is not specific enough to accomplish it or even to explain clearly what capabilities Parallels provides to accomplish it? It seems that the user discussion site here is the only possible source of information.

I have many years of IT experience. I am NOT an unsophisticated use. My experience would dictate the requirement for some reasonable level of support by Parallels for questions.

Parallels needs to evaluate their approach to this issue. Increase your prices to provide needed support, improve your documentation, answer reasonable questions related to using your excellent product, let the tremendous pool of knowledge in your user community help others easily. All user activities are NOT solved by forcing them to a new version. Things like upgrading the host OS, the guest OS and Parallels are too complex and risky to "just try it". A user could lose an absolutely indispensable guest environment without a well planned strategy based on expert advise.

6. TatianaZ

TatianaZ Junior Member

Dear judger48193,

Thank you very much for your inputs and for sharing your feedback with us. I absolutely trust your experience and let me ensure you and other users of this forum that Parallels is open to our customers.

We don't stop support service since 30 days of registration but we offer unlimited e-mail support since then; and offer chat and phone support for urgent issues required immediate reaction unfortunately for fee. Indeed, there is still room to grow for support policies, product quality and technical resources. And we are ready to bring a life into these changes if it helps us to satisfy you, our customers.

7. tulaweb

tulaweb Bit poster

Has Parallels finaly stopped the moderation? I just answered someone's question and expected the post to show up in 12 hours or more, if at all, and it went right up.

8. eugenevdm

eugenevdm Bit poster

That would be a huge step forward.

9. tulaweb

tulaweb Bit poster

Well I guess not This one did get held for moderation, but it did go much faster than they have been.

10. TV4Fun

TV4Fun Bit poster

They're still moderating posts and all the comments in this thread still apply.