hi guy,i have a question.please help me!

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by firstn1, May 23, 2018.

1. firstn1

firstn1 Bit poster

Hi,
    I am considering purchasing Parallels because VMware Fusion isn't working out too well for my game development in Windows. Hopefully the video drivers will work better in Parallels. So I've got 14 days to get this working before I try out VirtualBox. If anyone from Parallels reads this, I'd appreciate a reply; and you might consider giving trial users the ability to open support tickets...

I am running Snow Leopard, fully patched. I just downloaded Parallels Desktop 6 so I assume it is the most up to date version. I have VMware Fusion 3 installed (fully updated) with a fully functional Windows 7 x64 installation. The only thing interesting about the VM is that it has 2 virtual drives assigned to it; one IDE, one SCSI.

I try to open the VMware VM, using the open button on the bottom of the Welcome to Parallels Desktop screen. Parallels opens the VM, recognises it as VMware and prompts me to convert it. I tell it to convert and give it a directory that is different to the directory where the VMware VM is located: a sub-directory. The conversion seems to be working but right at the end it tells me it has failed and I should contact support.

A bundle file is left in the file system and it is about the right size. If I try to open it the Parallels bundle I am told that it is corrupt.

2. Hi firstn1. Please follow the steps from this article and check if it helps.