High CPU on Retina MBP in W7 after upgrade to P8

Ozy

Member
After upgrading, my w7 CPU usage is much higher when idle. It used to be very low, but now it chews ~ 25-45%. Very disappointed by this if I can't find the source cause.
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2012-08-30 at 5.12.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-08-30 at 5.12.50 PM.png
    183.6 KB · Views: 10
I just tried disabling Retina support for the VM and that did not make any difference on CPU usage. I also tried changing the Adaptive Hypervisor setting on and off, trying both settings under "Performance" in the optimization preferences, and disabled DirectX support entirely. Nothing made any difference.

VMware Fusion 5 running the exact VM idles at ~ 6%.
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2012-08-30 at 5.31.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-08-30 at 5.31.56 PM.png
    173.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Hi,
thank you for feedback, we do appreciate it!
To investigate the issue we need some technical information, so could you please reproduce it, send us Problem Report as described in http://kb.parallels.com/en/9058 and give me an ID?

Thanks in advance,
Hanna
 
Back
Top