High Sierra on Catalina, still cannot run 32-bit apps after exhaustive efforts

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by SofiaS1, May 29, 2020.

1. SofiaS1

SofiaS1 Bit poster

Good afternoon everyone,
    I am a little late to the 'save the 32-bit apps' party, but after watching the Witcher on Netflix, I really wanted to be able to play via Steam. It is a 32-bit download, and I picked it up about a year ago when I was still on Mojave. I have been unable to play since upgrading to Catalina earlier this year.

I had a license for an old version of Parallels (v. 13) that I first tried to use yesterday to install High Sierra on top of Catalina, but I got the dreaded 'not optimized for your Mac' message. I uninstalled and deleted everything, and this morning I upgraded to the free trial of v. 15. I reinstalled High Sierra, installed Steam, downloaded the Witcher app via Steam, and got the same just now when i tried to play (please see screenshot).

I have exhaustively searched this Forum, as well as reviewed this article (https://www.parallels.com/blogs/run-32-bit-on-mac/) and watched this video (https://www.parallels.com/blogs/catalina-32-bit-apps/), following all instructions.

I would be willing and happy to pay the $49.99 to upgrade to Parallels v. 15, but not unless I can get this to work. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Attached Files:

2. RogerH6

RogerH6 Hunter

You will get the warning. High Sierra already gives this, but the point is it should still actually run.
    Just say OK.

3. SofiaS1

SofiaS1 Bit poster

My apologies, I should have mentioned that I tried that yesterday, but was met with the following error: "eON failed to initialize."
    Please see attached screenshot
    upload_2020-5-30_12-21-39.png

4. RogerH6

RogerH6 Hunter

5. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

When you use macOS X as a virtual machine it will run like macOS X in the safe mode so 3D Acceleration will not work. If your application works fine on macOS X Safe mode then it will work else it will not.