High Sierra on Catalina, still cannot run 32-bit apps after exhaustive efforts

SofiaS1

Bit poster
Good afternoon everyone,
I am a little late to the 'save the 32-bit apps' party, but after watching the Witcher on Netflix, I really wanted to be able to play via Steam. It is a 32-bit download, and I picked it up about a year ago when I was still on Mojave. I have been unable to play since upgrading to Catalina earlier this year.

I had a license for an old version of Parallels (v. 13) that I first tried to use yesterday to install High Sierra on top of Catalina, but I got the dreaded 'not optimized for your Mac' message. I uninstalled and deleted everything, and this morning I upgraded to the free trial of v. 15. I reinstalled High Sierra, installed Steam, downloaded the Witcher app via Steam, and got the same just now when i tried to play (please see screenshot).

I have exhaustively searched this Forum, as well as reviewed this article (https://www.parallels.com/blogs/run-32-bit-on-mac/) and watched this video (https://www.parallels.com/blogs/catalina-32-bit-apps/), following all instructions.

I would be willing and happy to pay the $49.99 to upgrade to Parallels v. 15, but not unless I can get this to work. Does anyone have any suggestions?
 

Attachments

  • Witcher Not Optimized for Mac.jpg
    Witcher Not Optimized for Mac.jpg
    266 KB · Views: 4
You will get the warning. High Sierra already gives this, but the point is it should still actually run.
Just say OK.
 
My apologies, I should have mentioned that I tried that yesterday, but was met with the following error: "eON failed to initialize."
Please see attached screenshot
upload_2020-5-30_12-21-39.png
 
Good afternoon everyone,
I am a little late to the 'save the 32-bit apps' party, but after watching the Witcher on Netflix, I really wanted to be able to play via Steam. It is a 32-bit download, and I picked it up about a year ago when I was still on Mojave. I have been unable to play since upgrading to Catalina earlier this year.

I had a license for an old version of Parallels (v. 13) that I first tried to use yesterday to install High Sierra on top of Catalina, but I got the dreaded 'not optimized for your Mac' message. I uninstalled and deleted everything, and this morning I upgraded to the free trial of v. 15. I reinstalled High Sierra, installed Steam, downloaded the Witcher app via Steam, and got the same just now when i tried to play (please see screenshot).

I have exhaustively searched this Forum, as well as reviewed this article (https://www.parallels.com/blogs/run-32-bit-on-mac/) and watched this video (https://www.parallels.com/blogs/catalina-32-bit-apps/), following all instructions.

I would be willing and happy to pay the $49.99 to upgrade to Parallels v. 15, but not unless I can get this to work. Does anyone have any suggestions?
When you use macOS X as a virtual machine it will run like macOS X in the safe mode so 3D Acceleration will not work. If your application works fine on macOS X Safe mode then it will work else it will not.
 
Back
Top