High Sierra Upgrade - OOOPS!

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Axeman21, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Axeman21

Axeman21 Junior Member

I foolishly upgraded to OSX 10.15 without realizing that my Parallels 9.0 would not function in that environment. I'm happy to purchase a newer version of Parallels, however, have this question:

1. Will my existing Windows 8.1 installation (which I can't access right now w/o parallels) be seen by Parallels 13? Or will it require a re-install.
    2. If the latter, does anyone know how Microsoft would view this, as in, would I need a new licence, in which case I might as well upgrade windows as well.
    3. If I have to upgrade windows as well - e.g. Parallels can't see Win 8.1 existing - I presume I have lost anything that was not backed up outside the virtual environment?

Thanks.

2. Axeman21

Axeman21 Junior Member

Bump.
    Really hoping for some help here ....

3. philip_lamb

philip_lamb Bit poster

If you upgrade Parallels, it will not affect the VM environment. I have taken VMs last used with really old versions of Parallels and run them in recent versions and there is no reactivation of Windows required.

4. Axeman21

Axeman21 Junior Member

OK, thanks. I'll give it a go and hope for the best.