Host Mac freezes while all computers are inactive

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by ReinhartW, Oct 14, 2016.

1. ReinhartW

ReinhartW Bit poster

I am running Paralleles Desktop 10 on a MacBookAir (Mac OS X 10.9.5 / Windows 7).
    Everything is fine beeing active, but returning to the computer after a period of inactivity my MacBook is often freezen: no reaction to any input, except the reset button.
    I set up a complete new virtual Machine from a different Windows CD and a few programs, important for me (SAS).
    I got the same error.
    Reinhart

2. Guna@Parallels

Guna@Parallels Parallels Support

3. ReinhartW

ReinhartW Bit poster

Dear Guna, I Thank you very much for your answer.
    I will reinstall also the Parallels Desktop.
    First a must finish some urgent work.
    My Parallel error happens randomly. I think after a week I will have a nearly sure result.
    Reinhart

4. Raj@Parallels

Raj@Parallels Guest

Please keep us posted if the issue persists after performed the above steps. We're here to help.

5. ReinhartW

ReinhartW Bit poster

The issue persists. After 36 hours the mac is frozen.
    I wil summerise my unsuccessful trials:
    1. New window virtual machine
    2. Old virtual windows machine, Parallels Desktop 10 reinstalled and updated

There are some further (time consuming) trials:
    3. Complete new virtual machine build with reinstalled Parallels Desktop 10.
    4. Install Parallels Desktop 11, bought at then end of last year
    5. Upgrade Mac OS (I use Mac OS X 10.9.5)
    6. Logging the activity in Windows, but I don't know how to do it. There are a lot of protocols.

I am very very thankful for some a time sparing advice .

Reinhart

6. ReinhartW

ReinhartW Bit poster

Yesterday I installed Parallels Desktop 11. Tomorrow I found my mac warm. The processor has been running all the night, but the Mac didn't react to any key except the reset button.

I will now upgrade from Mavericks to Yosemite, but I don't trust the new Mac OS and also not the Apple recovery. There I will prepared for a new complete installation.

I think the most important issue is now to know what happened before freezing.
    In the past the Mac didn't freeze, when the Internet was turned off.
    This fact I will study in more detail in order to get a statistical significant result.

Reinhart