How can I set resolution 16:9 (1920x1080) on Windows

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by WelitonF, Sep 22, 2014.

1. WelitonF

WelitonF Bit poster

Hi,

I need to set a resolution 16:9 (1920x1080) on my windows to recorder a training videos.

I cannot see this resolutions on my windows.

Tks.

2. Abdul@Parallels

Abdul@Parallels Parallels Support

3. SimonJ2

SimonJ2 Bit poster

Hi, I am having this problem but I am not getting the option for 1920x1080? I had it before and it has now disappeared?

4. Did you reinstall Parallels Tools as a probable suggestion?

5. SimonJ2

SimonJ2 Bit poster

Hi Maria,
    Yes I did try this but to no avail unfortunately.
    Thanks,
    Simon

6. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi SimonJ2, please check out this article to keep custom resolution in Windows virtual machine.

7. SimonJ2

SimonJ2 Bit poster

Hi Paul,
    Thanks for sharing. The problem isn't that I can't keep the resolution I want it is that I can't get the resolution I want. A week ago I could choose 1920x1080 as an option and then a few days ago it just disappeared and the closest option is now 1920x1200. Very frustrating.

8. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi, if you set to scaled you can set the resolution and DPI to whatever you want to use in windows. It can be set to the same resolution as the old retina setting in PD11,
    so go to windows and right-click your desktop and click screen resolution. Then you can set to high resolution and Whatever DPI you want.

9. SimonJ2

SimonJ2 Bit poster

Hi Paul,
    Thanks for getting back to me. I have it set to scaled but there is no option in Windows that I can see which allows entering a custom resolution. You just get the scale bar which you can move up and down over the options. this previously had 1920x1080 as an option but it has since gone and I can only get 1920x1200. If you could post any specific steps to find what you are referring to in Windows after setting Parallels to scaled that would be helpful.
    Many thanks,
    Simon

10. AnthonyV6

AnthonyV6 Bit poster

Did this ever get resolved? I have the exact same issue. The resolution I was using 2560x1440 for some reason is no longer available in windows 11 (Parallels 17). I have logged in and out, rebooted the computer to no avail.

11. boieelevcity.dk

boieelevcity.dk Bit poster

I am facing the same problem - I need 1920x1080 to run a special application.