How do I chat with support?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by ParallelsU591, Mar 10, 2021.

1. ParallelsU591

ParallelsU591 Junior Member

I contacted support via the chat option. I waited in a queue with 7 people in front of me, after some time I got to position zero, then it said that all operators were offline. I wondered if it was a glitch so I did the exact same thing again. I got to the front, and it said the same thing.

Why does the Parallels website allow people to join a queue when there's nobody at the end of it? If there are certain hours, why doesn't it say what they are?
    upload_2021-3-10_22-32-47.png

2. Hi, if you would like to you can share the issue description with us here.
    We will be glad to help you.

3. ParallelsU591

Hello Maria,

I posted this thread, because I wanted to understand the problem with the online chat. It seems that the online support is not working, not only that but it has the potential to waste customer's time and I felt I should clarify why that has happened, and if there is anything you're going to do about it before I post any negative reviews of Parallels. I felt that's only fair.

If you want to address my technical question, it's already on this same forum and remains unanswered since yesterday.

4. Please sorry for the inconvenience..
    Could you please let us know if the issue with chat reoccurs. We didn't get the same reports from our customers.

5. ParallelsU591

That's good to know. For my info, when exactly is the chat supposed to be open/online?

6. Hi, it seems it's working OK and you can reach us 24/7
    But if the issue is still there please let us know.

7. StevenP17

StevenP17 Bit poster

"We didn't get the same reports from our customers."
    According to other users, including myself, Parallels support is non-existent, whether by chat, email, telephone, FaceBook or Twitter. There is none. It is intentional and ongoing.

8. ParallelsU591

That's not entirely fair. I did get a solution to my problem after a very, very long time they provided a work-around. That's a workaround that's not needed on Qemu, VirtualBox or Fusion (the other three virtualisation solutions you could use on a Mac). I'm not defending them as Parallels are more expensive than the other three products and should do better, but they are giving support!

9. ParallelsU591

There is a support portal so I raised a ticket. I did have a business account with several licenses, don't know if that makes any difference.

10. Hi, please sorry for the delay in response.
    If you still have a issue could you provide us with the details please?

11. Hello,
    for more information about the Parallels Desktop Support please check this KB article.
    But you can also share the issue detailed here and we will be glad to help.