How do I configure v8 so I can see fonts with Retina Display?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by quinnt01, Sep 1, 2012.

1. quinnt01

quinnt01 Junior Member

I've read a lot of threads about problems with Retina displays. They are interesting, but highly technical and don't help much. Since I upgraded to v8 the fonts in QuickBooks are very small and difficult to read. I can find no way to make them larger than "200%" with Windows 7 which was the default to begin with.

If I can't resolve this I'll have to get my money back and maybe try Fusion.

Thanks,
    Tom

2. juzci

juzci Guest

Hi,
    could you please check "Optimize Windows for full resolution" in VM configuration-Hardware-Video section? Is it on or off? If it's off, make it on.

Regards,
    Hanna

3. quinnt01

quinnt01 Junior Member

It's on. Makes no difference.

4. serv

serv Forum Maven

Are you saying all the fonts in Windows 7 are too small, or just in QuickBooks?

5. Roman Fattakhov

Roman Fattakhov Parallels Team

Please update you Parallels Desktop 8 to the latest build:
    1. Start Parallels Desktop > click on Parallels Desktop menu > Check for Updates...
    2. Download and install the Update.

and let us know if the issue is still there

6. GabrielV

GabrielV Junior Member

Even with the 'Optimize Windows' setting I'm afraid things look too small. Perhaps this is only with the MacLook setting turned on, but I can't turn it off. There's another thread going on about this.