How do I enter the Activation Key

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by raduray, Jan 30, 2012.

1. raduray

raduray Junior Member

Stupid question, I know, but I've been running the 30 day trial for several weeks and have just purchased the activation key, but can't figure out where to enter it. I've explored the various menu options (Alt+Parallel Icon) but haven't found the right place.

2. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

Alt+icon? What about the the most obvious place, which is the menu bar at the top of the screen that says 'Parallels Desktop' next to the Apple Icon, that happens to have a menu entry that says 'Activate product'?

3. raduray

raduray Junior Member

Unfortunately, there's no parallels menu to the right of the Apple Icon. If I exit all apps, the Finder menu is to the right of the Apple menu. On the top right, where the battery and time icons reside, there's a Parallels icon which I can activate it either by clicking it or by Alt+click, giving me two different drop down menus. How do I get the Parallels menu to show up to the right of the Apple icon?

4. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

?

Good lord...

Start Parallels from Applications/Parallels Desktop.app

or...

You're likely running your Windows in Coherence or Full Screen mode, select Virtual Machine List from the icon menu.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  5. raduray

raduray Junior Member

Good Lord? Sorry my question is too basic.
    Anyway, I exited Coherence mode and was able to gain access to the Parallels menu.

6. torkrench

torkrench Bit poster

no need...

No need to be a DB...nice credentials by the way but I'm sure you didn't know it all at first either.
    By the way its not a stupid question, moving to parallels from Virtual box I had no experience with coherence, hence the reason I downloaded the trial. How about, "hey no problem just exit coherence mode & you'll see it, good luck" next time.

7. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

The post is 2 years old, and your first and only post so far is for calling me a DB, as such, insulting, no need. I've thousands of post helping out people, THOSE are my credentials.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2014