How do I get new User Accounts to use my XP Virtual machine?

Ian Hanson

Bit poster
I've recently bought a macbook pro with parallels and windows xp pro installed by the supplier. I've followed the advice for adding new users for Parallels 4.0 as on the website on http://kb.parallels.com/en/5733. It is step 6 that I'm confused about. Firstly do I need to do this step? I've moved the Windows XP.pvm file from the Admin folder to the shared folder. So do I need to go on to Step 6 which involves some keystrokes in Terminal? I did start to do the keystrokes but the machine warned me that the sudo command could cause problems, so I got scared and didn't go further, just incase my keystrokes were wrong. I've got confused by the phrase "instead vm_folder_name use correspond name of VM bundle. Folder name with spaces should be wrapped into quotes"

My VM file name is "Windows XP.pvm", please could someone tell me what keystrokes I need to do to make this VM accessible to all Users on my machine??


Many Thanks

Ian
 
Back
Top