How do I see other computers on my Network from within Parallels/Window?

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by Willah, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Willah

Willah Bit poster

I am running Windows 7 on a version of Parallels 9, from an iMac running OSX Maverick (yes, I know how old they all are).
    I have a Surface Pro 4 running Windows 10.
    I wish to access files on the Windows 10 machine from the Windows 7 virtual machine. The Windows 10 machine is open to the iMac, appearing in the Shared section of Finder. How may I access this computer from the virtual machine?
    I have tried creating/looking for a homegroup, walking thru Explorer/Network listing, etc., but the virtual machine can't see the other machine on the network, only the iMac.

Is there a way to create the connection to the other pc thru either Explorer or Homegroup, or some other method?

2. Willah

Willah Bit poster

Side question, is there a way to make my virtual machine appear as its own computer, listed in the Network tab of another computer on the network?

3. Shathish@Parallels

Shathish@Parallels Pro

Hello @Willah We would request you to connect both the Mac in the same Network and connect both the virtual machine into Bridge Network http://kb.parallels.com/4948 so that you will be able to access the Windows 10 from the Windows 7. Thanks, Shathish

Willah likes this.
  4. Willah

Willah Bit poster

That's it, worked perfectly. Thanks!
    Quick note, I probably should have looked harder into Parallels' functionality and found this, but with all the complexity of new things to learn with computers in general, and limited time...
    Thanks again for the quick fix.

5. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @Willah , we are glad that your issue is resolved. Please reach us anytime for further assistance.