I have an old, old oversized scanner (A3 format) that communicates via bidirectional parallel port. The ancient PC that it has been connected to has crufted out, so I'd like to get it to talk to the Windows 2000 VM hosted on my MacBook Pro running Parallels Desktop 6, talking through a USB parallel port that I would like to have present as LPT1. The problem is that I can't get the USB parallel port to present as LPT1; the option that I think should do it in Parallels Tools is greyed out when I try. The Windows 2000 install did throw up a New Hardware Detected dialogue when I plugged the parallel port interface into the USB port and assigned it to the PC image, so it is being seen. But it's not presenting as a printer port.
I've done a lot of forum trolling and knowledgebase trolling (it's kind of hard to search usably when one of your terms is "parallel" but I gave it my best go several times XD ) and I haven't found quite any appropriate suggestions in the OSX fora. Also, there's no relevant section in the advanced configuration manual that I downloaded.
Relevant bits from the stickypost:
1. Mac OS Version: 10.6.7
2. Parallels Build #: 6.0.12090
3. What kind of computer: MacBook Pro 13" 2.3Ghz Intel Core I5
4. Total Physical RAM: 4G
5. Hard Drives: 1, 320G
6. If you are using a BootCamp configuration or not: No
7. Did you upgrade from a BETA: No
9. If Parallels Tools are installed: Yes
If anybody has directions, I'd love to hear them. Thanks!
-- Dara
I've done a lot of forum trolling and knowledgebase trolling (it's kind of hard to search usably when one of your terms is "parallel" but I gave it my best go several times XD ) and I haven't found quite any appropriate suggestions in the OSX fora. Also, there's no relevant section in the advanced configuration manual that I downloaded.
Relevant bits from the stickypost:
1. Mac OS Version: 10.6.7
2. Parallels Build #: 6.0.12090
3. What kind of computer: MacBook Pro 13" 2.3Ghz Intel Core I5
4. Total Physical RAM: 4G
5. Hard Drives: 1, 320G
6. If you are using a BootCamp configuration or not: No
7. Did you upgrade from a BETA: No
9. If Parallels Tools are installed: Yes
If anybody has directions, I'd love to hear them. Thanks!
-- Dara