How, specifically, is version 12 "optimized and ready for macOS Sierra?"

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by BillM4, Sep 16, 2016.

1. BillM4

BillM4 Member

[​IMG]

How specifically is version 12 "optimized and ready for macOS Sierra?"

2. MikeE

MikeE Junior Member

One glaring problem. After upgrading to Parallels 12 when it came out I was using it with El Capitan and all seemed OK. After upgrading to the latest Sierra GM release this weekend I now find a problem using Parallels 12 in a multi desktop environment. I run about 10 desktops with an app in each one to avoid screen clutter. If Parallels 12 is open in desktop 5 and I attempt to move to Safari in desktop 3 I get a brief black screen and then the Mac log in window appears. At that point if I attempt to log back in the Mac will attempt to reopen Parallels 12 and then goes right back to the Mac login screen. The only way to get back to Sierra is to hold Shift while logging in to avoid loading apps. Since I ordered Parallels 12 when it was released and just found this issue my 30 day support window has closed. What a mess, now i have to run all apps in desktop 1.

3. BillM4

BillM4 Member

Parallels 11 works great in Sierra... what a cluster

4. NikolayD1

NikolayD1 Guest

Hey, I know that Parallels optimise every PD version for every MacOS, and that's OK I think. But
    previously I tested PD 8 and 9 and El Capitan, it's working.

5. MikeH4

MikeH4 Bit poster

I have the same issue as MikeE - upgraded to Sierra and get (what appears to be) logged out when running Parallels. I've raised a support ticket about this.

6. BillM4

BillM4 Member

"Optimized" is great, unless it's simply incrementing the version number... but "ready for macOS Sierra?" PD 11 IS ready for macOS Sierra!

7. BillM4

BillM4 Member

Parallels 11.2.2, just released, adds support for macOS Sierra (even though 11.2.1 was working fine for me). What's the point of v12 again, besides reduced functionality?

Also:
    Dear Parallels executives who will never ever see this. I know Parallels needs to make money, I get the profit motive, but is this really the way to do it? Releasing downgraded software for more money, and losing focus by adding other "essential tools" such as "Date Countdown" and "Mute Microphone?" What on Earth are you thinking?