How did the fine programmers of Parallels miss this? I need to be able to add a windows shortcut to the dock. The windows shortcut might be pointing to a more elaborate command line or might simply be pointing to a file which under windows is associated with a windows app. It definitely has its own icon.
I can't figure out how to create the helper app that can be added to the OSX dock and will launch this shortcut in Parallels instead of launching an application. Can this be done? I see people have been complaining about this for years now, why has it not been resolved yet? I see this as basic functionality for coherence. In the windows world, most applications are launched via shortcuts.....for the reasons of having command line arguments specified, launching documents directly, specifying a working directory, having a different icon, etc.. In my view the helper apps for Parallels that can be put into the OSX dock should ALWAYS be launching shortcuts, almost never launching windows apps directly.
Can anyone help solve this?
I can't figure out how to create the helper app that can be added to the OSX dock and will launch this shortcut in Parallels instead of launching an application. Can this be done? I see people have been complaining about this for years now, why has it not been resolved yet? I see this as basic functionality for coherence. In the windows world, most applications are launched via shortcuts.....for the reasons of having command line arguments specified, launching documents directly, specifying a working directory, having a different icon, etc.. In my view the helper apps for Parallels that can be put into the OSX dock should ALWAYS be launching shortcuts, almost never launching windows apps directly.
Can anyone help solve this?