How to assign play/pause and other media player keys to VM?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by UfukC1, Dec 22, 2018.

1. UfukC1

UfukC1 Bit poster

What I want to do is:
    Assign play/pause, next track, previous track keys (the ones that happen when F7,F8 and F9 on magic keyboard are pressed without fn) to a media player on VM (which is Windows 10 in my case). The default is they control iTunes on Mac, even while working on VM.

To make the matter clearer: I am trying to do this without pressing fn key together. So that, for instance, media player on VM skips to next track when I press F9 key without fn key.

Ideally, I would like to completely assign those three keys to the media player on VM so they control that player (instead of iTunes on Mac) all the time.
    But I am fine if, at least, they control that player only when I am working on VM.

I tried to follow the guide here and add the keys to Keyboard Menu. But to no avail since nothing shows up in the blank when I press those keys without fn.

2. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @UfukC1 , Would you like to have control over media player installed on Windows virtual machine while working on mac Os?

3. UfukC1

UfukC1 Bit poster

ideally yes I would by using the media player keys of the keyboard but, as I stated in the post, i cannot use the media player keys to control the media player on VM even while I am working on VM. They always control iTunes on mac.