I have Parallels 2.5 (build 3214).
I am trying to duplicate the configuration of an embedded computer that I've set up for a client. It`s got a BIOS that allows the choice of which HD to boot from. The (only) HD (actually, a CF card) on this machine is set up as the master on the second IDE channel and cannot be moved. So I've set up the (only) hard drive in Parallels on IDE1:0. However, since there is no IDE0:0 drive, when no CD is installed the BIOS won`t try to boot from IDE1:0. Is there some way to get the BIOS to boot from IDE1:0?
The boot order setting in the VM editor only refers to 'hard drive', and I can't see a way to get into the BIOS for settings.
I don't want to move the drive in Parallels to IDE0:0 because the guest operating system (a small Linux distro with a 2.4 kernel and GRUB bootloader) is set up to work with IDE1:0. Since I'm writing backup scripts that are sensitive to drive setup, it wouldn't work to move the drive.
Is there some way that I can change the settings to allow booting from IDE1:0?
I am trying to duplicate the configuration of an embedded computer that I've set up for a client. It`s got a BIOS that allows the choice of which HD to boot from. The (only) HD (actually, a CF card) on this machine is set up as the master on the second IDE channel and cannot be moved. So I've set up the (only) hard drive in Parallels on IDE1:0. However, since there is no IDE0:0 drive, when no CD is installed the BIOS won`t try to boot from IDE1:0. Is there some way to get the BIOS to boot from IDE1:0?
The boot order setting in the VM editor only refers to 'hard drive', and I can't see a way to get into the BIOS for settings.
I don't want to move the drive in Parallels to IDE0:0 because the guest operating system (a small Linux distro with a 2.4 kernel and GRUB bootloader) is set up to work with IDE1:0. Since I'm writing backup scripts that are sensitive to drive setup, it wouldn't work to move the drive.
Is there some way that I can change the settings to allow booting from IDE1:0?