How to change 199% dpi scaling to 200% without losing other settings?

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by ShawnYing, Nov 4, 2012.

1. ShawnYing

ShawnYing Bit poster

Hi all,

I am using win7 in my retina mbp.
    I choosed to select Optimize Windows for full resolution. The 199% dpi scaling works well for many software, however, for some special software, such as WinEdt, the text is fuzzy.
    So i deselected this option and change the dpi scaling to 200% manually. Thus, the text in WinEdt is good.
    Well, now i found two problems with my mouse:
    1, my mouse cannot be released automatically when i move out of windows, i have to press ctrl+alt
    2, my mouse moves very fast in windows

I guess the option of "Optimize Windows for full resolution" did a lot of things, rather than just changing the dpi scaling.
    I just want to change the dpi scaling to 200% without losing the other settings, so could anybody help me? I do appreciate.

2. serv

serv Forum Maven

At 200% scaling standard Windows 7 mouse cursor ends up larger than 64x64 and Windows stop using [virtual] hardware cursor. Setting custom 32x32 cursor should help.

3. mmm201

mmm201 Member

You can solve this by using my custom cursor pack I made for Retina setups:
    http://kaizoworld.deviantart.com/#/d5d9kf0

(32x32 custom cursors won't help since Windows will double pixel them. Not as awful as the 1.33 pixeled default cursors I admit.)

Make sure you disable cursor shadow as well or the mouse performance will be poor.

4. ShawnYing

ShawnYing Bit poster

Thanks a lot~ i disabled cursor shadow and your cursors work very well~~