How to connect USB Windows XP Bootcamp with Mavericks OS to iMac El Capitan Parallels for Mac 13/14

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by DaleE, Dec 12, 2021.

1. DaleE

DaleE Member

Long ago I upgraded from Snow Leopard to Mavericks on an old 750GB hard drive. I found PD for Mac 7.0 not compatible. Installed PD 11.0 trial temporarily as I was moving from 750GB HD on MBP 17 inch late 2007 to a 2TB Fusion HD. Wanted temporary access to Bootcamp Windows XP at the time to verify BootCamp. Then upgraded the 2TB FHD MBP 17 inch to Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan and installed Parallels 13 and 14. However, Mavericks is not compatible with either PD13 or PD14 to attach old 750GB Mavericks HD to the the newer PD versions and access BootCamp Windows XP SP3.
    Fast forward, new HD failed, the backups were corrupt. Secondary and Third backups, the new iMac 27 inch late 2019 8 core corrupted when plugged in to USB. (After 15 months of corruption finally got Apple to replace.) Been using various unix tools and rsync to recover corrupted drive files to now HDs. Now I need to go back to the old 750GB HD and see if Windows XP files got all moved okay to BootCamp on new iMac Windows 10. The old HD is connected via USB to old MBP 17 inch so cannot boot to WXP in Bootcamp with Option key. I can through Parallels however trial has expired.
    What are my options?
    1-Is there a way to get another trial of PD 11 (Simplest solution)?
    2-Is there an upgrade path from PD 7 to PD 11?
    3-I have an iMac 24 inch running El Capitan and PD 13. Can the old 750GB hard drive be connected through USB and use PD 13 to access and run the Windows XP BootCamp partition on the USB hard drive without corrupting?