How to control where links from Simply Accounting open: Safari or IE

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by JodyB, Dec 10, 2010.

1. JodyB

JodyB Bit poster

We're using Windows 7 Home Edition installed in Parallels Desktop 6, primarily to run Simply Accounting Premium 2011.

In the Simply Accounting Help Centre, some links when clicked on open a web page in Internet Explorer in Windows 7, while other links will open a blank window in Safari in the Mac OS. It's not clear what is the distinguishing feature in the link that makes one event occur vs the other.

We think this may be causing problems with the Simply Accounting help system, as none of the help documents themselves will open, although we can browse through the help system's table of contents.

Is there any way to make sure that ALL links, when clicked on in the Windows OS, will default to opening Internet Explorer?

And does anyone have any insight into what may be causing the Simply Accounting help system to not function in our environment.

2. StanE

StanE Bit poster

I am having problems with my simply accounting setup. I have Lion Server, Parallels Desktop 6, and Vista Home Premium.

Simply accounting won't let me make any changes to customize invoice templates, etc..

I would really appreciate you letting me know how you installed simply accounting and Windows 7. Did you set up Simply Accounting to run as an administrator all of the time?

Could you let me know what your parallels setting are for your win 7 VM?

I'm at a loss right now, and I really need this to work.

Thanks

Stan

3. BookkerW1

BookkerW1 Bit poster

I have the same problem Simply accounting won't let me make any changes to customize invoice templates which should be simple. Appreciate the help guys!