How-to disable cmd+tab in Windows VM?

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Olav_Schmutzer, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Olav_Schmutzer

Olav_Schmutzer Bit poster

I hope anyone can help. I searched this forum but couldn't find the answer. I use Windows 8.1, mostly full screen. In need it for my work and I prefer to stay in Windows if I need to and not too easily switch to Mac apps. For that reason I'd like to disable the cmd+tab key combination in Windows (I tend to accidentally hit those keys on my Mac keyboard if I want to switch between Win applications, which should be done by alt+tab). I cannot find how to do this. Disable system shortcuts doesn't do the trick. Any suggestions? Thanks!

2. AlekseyM

AlekseyM Product Expert

Go into Parallels menu => Preferences (or CMD+,). Select system shortcuts, and you actually want to send system shortcuts "always" so that the VM always picks up your keyboard strokes.

Also, what I like to do is remap CMD<>ALT under keyboard remapping (same screen, just select the virtual machine). It makes it more windows-like.

3. Olav_Schmutzer

Olav_Schmutzer Bit poster

Thanks Aleksey, I'll give the remapping a try. It seems that disabling is not an option.