How to enable hardware-virtualisation?

Roobert

Junior Member
Hi. I have been using PD 7 on my iMac (10.7.2) and on my MB Pro (10.6.8) for quite some time, runs fine. Recently, I have installed Lion on the MBP and used the Immigration Asisstant to copy all data from the iMac to the MBP.

Since then, when I start PD, I get 3 consequtive error messages:
1) Hardware-virtualisation has to be activeted on the mac
2) Drivers are not found
3) unexpected error, cannot use the VM

Heck, how do I activate hardware virtualisation? What should I do?

Any help appreciated ... thx
Robert
 
Download the installer for your version of Parallels Desktop, if you don't have it, and run the installer again, Parallels is not a a regular app in the sense that it installs more than just the .app, it needs to install kernel extensions for instance (which enable the hardware virtualization), the Migration Assistant process probably didn't copy those.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Re: How to enable hardware-virtualisation? [solved]

Thank you very much for the quick and helpful reply. I have re-installed PD7 and now everything is back to normal! Thanks!!!
Robert
 
Back
Top