How to get the correct shortcut icon to appear in Lion

Skysurfer

Member
Hi,

How do I create a desktop shortcut to a Windows app such that it appears on the Lion desktop using the correct icon? I am able to open Windows Explorer and create a shortcut (to say Excel 2010), but the icon that appears in Lion is not the Excel icon; it's some generic thing.

Thanks,

Lawrence
 
Solved

Okay, after poking around on the Mac side I discovered that you create an alias from Lion's Finder. Navigate to the applications folder and create the alias' from there...but it must be the Applications folder under Parallels:

Macintosh HD > Users > Home > Applications (Parallels) > Windows 7 Applications

From there, simply right click on the desired app, select alias, then drag to the desktop.

Lawrence
 
Last edited:
How do you control which applications appear in the Windows 7 Applications folder? There are some applications installed in my Windows VM that don't show in this folder - therefore it is not easy to add them to my Dock?
 
Back
Top