How to get Wacom Cintiq to work on Parallels?

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by LeifS, May 14, 2019.

1. LeifS

LeifS Bit poster

Photoshop CS5.1 works fine in Parallels 14 on Mojave, with mouse input. However, now I have purchased a Wacom Cintiq Pro 13, and I'm seeking help getting this to work so I can have pen input in Windows Photoshop on my Mac. I installed the latest Windows driver for this Cintiq, and it's not really working. Well, there are signs of life but I need help:
    • (Bad news) The display on the Cintiq is static, showing the Mac desktop image and top menu (not clickable), does not show the active software (Photoshop).
    • (Better news) Pen input on the Cintiq is able to draw in Photoshop (Windows CS5.1 version).
    I am not finding any help on the Web, hoping to get some tips here.

2. OK, and with mouse everything works ok, right?
    Could you please reproduce the issue, create problem report and reply us back with the report's ID.

3. LeifS

LeifS Bit poster

Hello -- Sorry for the delay; I was attempting to find a Mac-native application to use instead of Photoshop.
    (Unfortunately, Photoshop -- which I only have on Windows version -- has features I cannot find elsewhere, and this is a major reason I am a Parallels user.)
    I submitted a problem report. The technical report ID is 317172594.
    And yes, using Photoshop in Parallels, everything works okay with a USB mouse or with the trackpad of the computer.
    Thanks.