How to increase graphic adapter resolution

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by IvanK5, Nov 8, 2018.

1. IvanK5

IvanK5 Bit poster

Hello,
    I'm using Parallels on iMac 27 Retina. I made copy of my laptop with Windows 7 and when run it as virtual host, maximum resolution that I can set is 1920 x 1200 that is too small for 27 Retina. Is there any way how to push adapter to use higher resolution? Next strange thing is that even if graphic card memory is set in parallels to 512MB or 1GB, in Windows host I still see only 256MB as is on following screenshot.

upload_2018-11-9_8-10-15.png

Thanks for your help
    Ivan

2. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Try reinstalling Parallels Tools after taking a snapshot then check.

IvanK5 likes this.
  3. IvanK5

IvanK5 Bit poster

Hello, after reinstalling Tools, full resolution of Retina is available also in host and video card size is correct. Thanks for hint.
    Ivan

4. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We are glad to hear that the issue is resolved. If you have any questions let us know.

5. AndrewG16

AndrewG16 Bit poster

I am having a similar issue here but I keep re-installing Tools and the machine reboots but the tools are never there. I remember an issue like this a few years ago but can't seem to find a resolution/solution to this.

Thanks!
    Andrew

6. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello AndrewG16, Kindly start the virtual machine and go to actions in the top menu bar, Actions--> Configure--> Hardware--> Graphics and changed to ' Scaled ' from ' ' Retina Display '. please make sure the Graphic size is kept for recommended size.

7. AndrewG16

AndrewG16 Bit poster

Hi AJ,

Unfortunately that isn't an option. When I go to install Tools it installs, restarts and then is still not there. This just disappeared on me yesterday and won't allow me to get to those settings anymore.

Thanks
    Andrew

8. Please take a screenshot of the configuration window under Graphics option and post it here.

9. AndrewG16

AndrewG16 Bit poster

Hi, here is the screenshot.

Thanks!
    Andrew

Attached Files:

10. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

The graphics Settings is correct as recommended, The resolution issue you have in the main windows screen or in any third party application? To help us understand the issue better, please take a screenshot of it (refer to http://bit.ly/2pSJ1AZ for assistance) and reply with the same.