How to install McAfeeSmartInstaller.app

Discussion in 'Parallels Mac Management for Microsoft SCCM' started by JesperS, Dec 20, 2016.

1. JesperS

JesperS Bit poster

From my McAfee installation, I can download an app that I can deploy to users. When they start the app, the installation will begin.
    I know how to get the App distributed to clients but then they have to start it them self, and I do not trust them to do so.
    I have found out that if I call a shell script inside the app "McAfeeSmartInstall.app/Contents/MacOS/McAfeeSmartInstall.sh" the installation will start. But how do I distribute the app to a Mac and start the installation?

2. DannyK1

DannyK1 Junior Member

Hi JesperS -
    I have a KB for you! In Parallels Mac Management for SCCM you can start a "Create Package" wizard and instead of pointing to the folder where the installer is located you path to the .SH file so you can take advantage of the customized calls to commands and the actual installer. Here's the KB - http://kb.parallels.com/en/116186. For deployment I would suggest making it mandatory, with the Administrator context and no user intervention so it will basically be a silent install. Hope that helps - let us know how it goes.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016