How to install multiple versions of internet explorer?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by cgntoonartist, Jun 2, 2012.

1. cgntoonartist

cgntoonartist Junior Member

Greetings,

I need to use Internet Explorer 7, 8, and 9 with Windows 7.

What is the best way to go about installing versions of internet explorer on Windows 7 with Parallels Desktop 7 without having to install multiple copies of Windows 7 on the same computer? Is this possible?

Thanks for your comments!

2. YanaYana

YanaYana

Try to create different user accounts - but i am not sure if its gonna let you install different IE versions, but you may try

3. cgntoonartist

cgntoonartist Junior Member

Create different user accounts HOW?

Thanks!

4. YanaYana

YanaYana

5. ZBoater

ZBoater Member

Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
  6. Chacapamac

Chacapamac Junior Member

Somebody find a good way - I run Windows 7

Can you copy an install virtual machine and install another version of Explorer..... Waisting a lot of space but maybe not to much choice

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  7. beta_mikecwest

beta_mikecwest Member

You can create multiple virtual machines. I know that will consume a lot of space on your hard drive, but isn't that one of the purposes on running a Virtual Machine?

Yes, you can copy virtual machines. I made an install of Win7 in a "clean" state, then I "reclaim disk space", then zip it...This way I always have a "clean" windows 7 to start with. (previously with winXP, and now with Win8.

For your purposes, you can easily make copies. Just make your initial installation, shutdown the virtual machine. Navigate to the VM in the finder, click on it, press CMD-D (or Apple-D if you are cool enough to still have the apple key). I recommend that you RT-Click on the new copy that appears, select RENAME, and name it something descriptive. Double click on the new copy, when prompted click COPIED, (Choices are COPIED or MOVED).

Do this for each type of IE you want to install.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2013
  8. Chacapamac

Chacapamac Junior Member

Yep you right, I simply clone my windows 7 and install a different Explorer and, as a bonus I got some back-up of my original Win.7, if needed - Work perfectly

22gig a pop - Not bad...