How to install Windows 10 as another VM ?, currently running Windows 11

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by DavidF59, May 1, 2022.

1. DavidF59

DavidF59 Bit poster

Hi
    I am currently running Windows 11 on my Parallels system, but to run a certain app i need to use Windows 10. I have bought Windows 10 from the Microsoft Store as a digital download and cannot seem to work out how to install it to my Parallels. I am not overly computer literate and was hoping someone could explain the process to me. Do i need to download Windows 10 from the Microsoft Store to a USB and then somehow install it to Parallels or can i download my Windows 10 purchase straight to Parallels ? I am running an M1 chip.
    thanks
    dave

2. TharunP

TharunP Junior Member

Hello, We would like to inform you that Microsoft no longer provides support for Windows 10 ARM. As a result, Windows 10 is no longer supported in Parallels Desktop on Mac computers with the Apple M1 Chip. Please follow this link: https://kb.parallels.com/en/124223 to learn more about the supported Guest OS on the M1 Mac. Thanks.

3. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, we would like to inform you that Windows 10 is not supported on M1 Mac. Only ARM-based guest OS is supported on M1 Mac.

4. Tharun@P

Tharun@P Moderator

Hello, We greatly appreciate your contribution. Thanks.