How to remove an operating system and install another

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Rick6, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Rick6

Rick6 Bit poster

I am new to all of this so bear with me. I installed parallels and followed the procedures to install windows. After installation was complete i saw that windows home edition was installed. How do i remove this version and install windows pro? I have a key for the pro version.
    Also, when i do try to install the pro version do i put the .iso file on a usb and the system will recognize this?

Thanks

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @Rick6, you can shut down the running virtual machine, move to Trash and then start installing a new Windows virtual machine as suggested in this article to check if that works.

3. Rick6

Rick6 Bit poster

In step 2 it states: Plug in the Windows 10 installation USB stick to your Mac. On the usb stick should i format it for ntfs and then just copy the .iso file to the stick?
    I am pretty new to this as this is the first apple computer that i purchased. Been windows for many years.

4. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @Rick6 , if you have a bootable USB stick you can use it . Or else you can download the iso file and direct install using that.

5. Rick6

Rick6 Bit poster

thanks for the help

6. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @Rick6 , you are welcome. Please reach us anytime for further assistance.