How to remove an operating system and install another

Rick6

Bit poster
I am new to all of this so bear with me. I installed parallels and followed the procedures to install windows. After installation was complete i saw that windows home edition was installed. How do i remove this version and install windows pro? I have a key for the pro version.
Also, when i do try to install the pro version do i put the .iso file on a usb and the system will recognize this?

Thanks
 
I am new to all of this so bear with me. I installed parallels and followed the procedures to install windows. After installation was complete i saw that windows home edition was installed. How do i remove this version and install windows pro? I have a key for the pro version.
Also, when i do try to install the pro version do i put the .iso file on a usb and the system will recognize this?

Thanks
Hi @Rick6, you can shut down the running virtual machine, move to Trash and then start installing a new Windows virtual machine as suggested in this article to check if that works.
 
In step 2 it states: Plug in the Windows 10 installation USB stick to your Mac. On the usb stick should i format it for ntfs and then just copy the .iso file to the stick?
I am pretty new to this as this is the first apple computer that i purchased. Been windows for many years.
 
Back
Top