How to remove older windows 10 technical preview

PeterS21

Bit poster
Brand-new to Parallels. A few months ago, I did the "try for 14 days" option, which installed a technical preview of Windows 10. Today I purchased and downloaded Parallels 13 but it won't start because Windows 10 technical preview is expired. "Recovery" screen appears.

I want to completely obliterate the older version of Parallels / Windows 10 that seems to already exist on my machine so I can start up Parallels and let it guide me through the Windows 10 installation.

Any advice?
 
To those with a similar problem, the solution is much easier than I thought it would be. Choose Preferences from the Parallels icon in the menu bar. From Preferences on the General tab you will see the virtual machines folder. In Finder, navigate to the folder and just delete the Windows 10 Technical Preview that is there. The next time you start Parallels it will prompt you to install a new version of Windows 10.
 
Back
Top