How to Restore 3.0 from Backup made in 4.0 upgrade?

MarkAlexander

Bit poster
HELP!

I think I have to give up on the upgrade to 4.0 tonight and need to restore the 3.0 backup made in the the "Backup and Convert" step.

I see the folder of the backup on my external drive but not sure what I should do to restore the 3.0 version etc as it was before.

I have looked online and nowhere does it say how to restore back to 3.0 from the "Backup and Convert" step in the 4.0 upgrade info.

Seems I am not the only one with problems with the upgrade, wish I hadn't tried tonight and running out of time.

Kind regards,
Mark
 
Thanks for the tip - I was wondering if I needed to drag the files over but I will give this a try. I least I still have the full backup.

Thanks Again!
 
3.0 Restore errors

I thought this would be an appropriate thread to post my particular circumstance. I also had to run a demo of 4.0 this week on a separate macbook while mine was in the shop being repaired. I made a backup of my 3.0 machine and on getting back my Macbook (whose system was hosed) tried to reinstate the old virtual machine. Parallels 3 lost my prefs and now will not accept my product key entries. I originally bought 2.x and upgraded to 3. While the program recognizes my keys, it gets an error trying to write the license to file and tells me to make sure i have the 'correct permissions'... does any of this sound familiar to you all?

Thanks,
andy
 
that does sound familiar. I had the same thing happen to me I think when I was going from V2 to V3. I was launching from a shortcut to my virtual machine. Instead, launch the parallels application directly, without opening any virtual machines. Then, once that works, try opening a VM...
 
Back
Top