How to start ssh sessions via iTerm2?

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by LeiZ, Apr 8, 2016.

1. LeiZ

LeiZ Bit poster

In Parallels Desktop Pro, you can click the 'SSH' button on a Linux VM to directly ssh to it without typing any command.
    By default, PD launches ssh sessions via the Terminal app, but I prefer to use iTerm2. Is it possible to configure PD to launch ssh sessions via iTerm2 instead of Terminal?
    Thanks in advance.

2. Hey, we've already checked this questions on other Support channel.
    BTW the answer is:
    Unfortunately this behavior of Parallels Desktop is by-design and we cannot change this settings from the Parallels Desktop side.

3. Elizabeth Anderson

Elizabeth Anderson Member

4. DavidK18

DavidK18 Bit poster

Please add a feature to change the terminal application that is opened when "Start SSH Session" is clicked. As a "pro" user, I need this function. I do not use the default terminal application.

5. teran

teran Bit poster

My strong +1 for the feature.
    It's 4 years passed without any movement on that which is really sad (btw, there's another topic with the same issue which is 5 years old).

If it's "working by design", means bad design :)
    Since it's technically possible to use SSH-protocol scheme which is a standard way of opening links and is supported by iTerm2.

So please consider implementing the feature to select terminal application (probably there's a correct way for that) or at least using SSH-schema protocol.

Thanks.