I have a MacBook Pro with snow leopard. I bought Parallels with the mac so all is legit.
I have installed windows vista as my VM. It is a genuine copy of windows. I got it when I bought my old PC.
Anyway when I installed it on the old machine I got a window popping up saying the activation key was invalid and I needed to call Microsoft to get a new one. They provided me with one but it took quite a time waiting on the phone to get put through.
It is a single user license so since I have junked my old PC I can legitimately use this copy of windows as my VM but I am still getting this message about the key. Problem is I am abroad in various countries till april next so calling UK Microsoft from my mobile would be expensive.
How can I stop my windows VM accessing the internet to prevent this message appearing.
I currently have to switch my airport off before each time I fire up parallels.
I only use windows for cad so really do not need it to have internet access.
I have installed windows vista as my VM. It is a genuine copy of windows. I got it when I bought my old PC.
Anyway when I installed it on the old machine I got a window popping up saying the activation key was invalid and I needed to call Microsoft to get a new one. They provided me with one but it took quite a time waiting on the phone to get put through.
It is a single user license so since I have junked my old PC I can legitimately use this copy of windows as my VM but I am still getting this message about the key. Problem is I am abroad in various countries till april next so calling UK Microsoft from my mobile would be expensive.
How can I stop my windows VM accessing the internet to prevent this message appearing.
I currently have to switch my airport off before each time I fire up parallels.
I only use windows for cad so really do not need it to have internet access.