How to uninstall Parallels Virtual Audio Adapter ?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by SuperTalent, Sep 1, 2013.

1. SuperTalent

SuperTalent Bit poster

Logic Pro X, my Forte USB audio interface and the "New" Parallels Virtual Audio Adapter do not work well together.

Please help me uninstall it.

2. SuperTalent

SuperTalent Bit poster

Uninstalling the App "Parallels Access" will also remove the Parallels Virtual Audio Adapter from your Sound Preferences.

Problem gone.

3. English1

English1 Bit poster

Unfortunately, uninstalling the app "Parallels Access" does not do anything. The "Parallels Virtual Audio Adapter" is worst than a virus that messed up completely my Sound Devices and there seems to be no apparent way to remove it. Parallels 7 and 8 likely don't have this nightmare and it all starts with Parallels 9. You cannot remove this adaptor from Audio MIDI audio devices and Sound Devices in Preferences. I uninstalled Parallels 9 all together and even that did solve the problem as bits and pieces do not get removed.... waiting until Parallels designs software that could be uninstalled or creates a Parallels Uninstaller script that removes their "Parallels Virtual Audio Adapter". If sound is important to you think twice before installing Parallels 9

4. Susanetta

Susanetta Bit poster

Too bad the forum hasn't been monitored or updated. There was a KB fix to uninstall this that I found today. Once I executed the script the audio adapter went away and Finale/Garritan started to work properly. http://kb.parallels.com/en/117142