How well does parallels work on a Macbook air?

Caroline

Bit poster
Hello Everyone,

I'm looking for a new laptop to replace my rapidly aging 15 in. G4 ibook. I could get any one of the mac units out there, but am leaning towards the air for portability reasons, although I wouldn't mind a larger screen. One must is that I need to run Borland delphi, preferably in parallels, to write simple programs. Since this is my primary need (aside from internet and email) I want to choose a machine that can reasonably run Delphi on parallels. I run parallels/Delphi on my new aluminum iMac with absolutely no problems. I'm happy with that speed, and even though I could boot into windows I don't feel the need. I'm looking for the same thing from my laptop. In other words, I'm not going to tax it with a lot of tasks.

I guess the real question is will the MBA run Delphi/parallels well enough compared to a 15 in. macbook? If yes, then the portability would push me towards the MBA.

Thanks,

caroline
 
Back
Top