I have been using Parallels with my MacPro to run Windos in a virtual machine. However, since last week, I have been regularly ejected from Parallel at least once a day (it closes unexpectedly).
Can some one tell me what can be the problems?
I have updated yesterday the latest Build which is 3214. I have also the MAC OS version 10.4.10.
I had also a problem before I made the update. Under parallel it could not recognise any USB port. It kept saying "USB device you are trying to connect to the virtual machine is being used by another application... which was not true. But after I made the update it solved the problem. But this morning again, I was in Windows, then I plugged my USB key and the consequence is that the application Parallels desktop quit unexpectedly. I lost about 15 minutes of work in Word and Excel.
The system seems quite unstabel and would like to know what may have caused that.
Well, the problem is getting more serious. I am regularly ejected from Parallel at least 4 times a day. It happens when I am in the internet and clicking on a web site to open a link. I am wondering if it could be cuaased by the anti-virus screen I have which come from Videotron (Canada).
If you need more info on my settings to help me solving the problem, please let me know exactly what info you need from my PC.
I have been having this happen more lately as well. I am on an Intel Mac Pro 2.66 GHz with 2GB RAM and running 10.4.10. I am still running parallels version 2.5 (recently upgraded to 3214). I use Parallels to design UI for ASP.Net web sites and have been having more trouble lately when testing sites in multiple browsers. I usually have Firefox and IE6 open for testing while developing in Visual Studio 2005 and IIS as the web server.
Where do I find the crash logs and what, specifically, should I be looking for there?
EDIT:
Here is what I see when looking in the Console app under CrashReporter for Parallels.crash.log:
Oh, the crash logs can be viewed with Console. Go to: Applications > Utilities > Console
Then, click on the "Logs" button in the upper-left of the window and you'll get a tree-view of all the most recent logs. Still not sure what I should be looking for, though...