I cannot activate MS Office 2016 or 2010 on Virtual Machine

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by PETROSM2, Dec 9, 2018.

1. PETROSM2

PETROSM2 Bit poster

Hi,

It is impossible to activate any edition of MS Office in a Windows 10 virtual machine created with latest edition of Parallels. The error message is that I have reach the maximum uses of my license keys something far from true. Windows 10 VM is brad new created with Parallels. As you understand Windows 10 without MS Office are rather useless. Activation by phone is not working also. Any suggestion...?

Thanks.

2. Hi PETROSM2. Please contact Microsoft Support to reset the MS Office product key that you are trying to activate and check if it works. If you have registered the product key in your Microsoft Account, you can login to your account and reset it.

3. PETROSM2

PETROSM2 Bit poster

I try everything ...nothing works. I do not want to buy another subscription without a reason.

4. PETROSM2

PETROSM2 Bit poster

UPDATE! I manage to activate via telephone my Office key. It was a lengthy procedure involving numbers up to 44 digits!! I cannot undestand this policy from Microsoft. Perhaps you must try find a solution because you have a realy exellent software....

5. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello PETROSM2, We are glad to hear that you resolved the issue. As its a license activation with Microsoft we cannot change any settings or authorization from our end. Please feel free to reach us any time for any queries regarding Parallels.

6. LindaE2

LindaE2 Bit poster

The virtual machine used to provision Office cannot include the VMware View Agent. The presence of the View Agent interferes with the ability to capture license information. A desktop pool in View is created from a snapshot of the virtual machine MyPrepaidCenter.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
  7. JamesG22

JamesG22 Bit poster

Your vm should not include the vmware view agent. It interferes with the ability to capture information. You should contact Microsoft Support to reset the MS Office product key that you are trying to activate and check if it works. You can also login to your account to reset the key.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2019
  8. AnthonyJ3

AnthonyJ3 Bit poster

After installing the ISO I got at purchase time for visio and project 2016, I had to go to settings -> apps -> installed apps. Find visio/project and select modify and do an "online repair" - after that I was able to activate both correctly.